ActiveGreenÂ® – Liebherrâ€™s Green Story
ActiveGreen is a corporate mission to achieve the highest ENERGY STARÂ® ratings, to set the example and encourage other North American manufacturers to be RoHS compliant as Liebherr did in mid-2007 and to have the least damaging effect on the environment through responsible manufacturing practices.
Leading the way with 100% ENERGY STAR ratings
Products that earn the ENERGY STAR use less energy and prevent greenhouse gas emissions by meeting strict energy efficiency guidelines. With energy costs and global warming top-of-mind for consumers, Liebherr is committed to offering solutions that help consumers conserve energy and improve the quality of our environment.
No more harmful substances
Liebherr has found better, greener ways to produce quality products – materials that are less damaging and have less impact on our eco-systems. Recycling old components will no longer cause issue because there is no lead and mercury to be disposed of.
RoHS compliance will certainly become mandatory in the years to come in North America (it is already being implemented in Europe), but Liebherr has decided to be proactive instead of reactive. Why wait? Why continue using these substances when they are known to be harmful?
Responsibility to our planet
Lastly, and importantly, Liebherrâ€™s list of responsible production initiatives is longstanding. For example:
- Liebherr was the first appliance manufacturer worldwide to remove CFCs completely from the production process in 1993
- Since 2000, Liebherrâ€™s considerable investment to ensure environmental compatibility has resulted in the reduced use of chemicals, solvents and energy consumption
- Liebherr has established central waste and resource collection stations at its manufacturing facilities
- The packaging materials on all products are 100% recyclable
- The water used in the production process is purified and pollution-free
- The energy released during production is recovered and used again in heating the manufacturing environments.
Liebherr is an industry leader in green manufacturing and we use ActiveGreen as a symbol for our responsible practices. Weâ€™ve invested in the research and development necessary to proactive and to make a difference. And our products, as a result, embody green design.