‘frozen in time’ customer stories contest - collecting memories from nearly six decades in business
In conjunction with our Customer Appreciation Sale, celebrating almost 60 years as Minnesota’s appliance specialist, Warners’ Stellian is gathering the best original stories, memories, photos — you name it — of our past and present.
Additional prizes will be awarded and the winners may have their stories published on our website, blog and upcoming history book!
what we’re looking for
Maybe our founder Jim Warner sold appliances to three generations in your family? Or a speedy delivery saved Thanksgiving? Do you still have a promotional item with our logo on it from years ago? Did someone on our team go above and beyond, literally, like one of our favorite stories –shared below:
The outstanding part came when they tried to connect the dryer vent.
I’m including pictures so you can see what good employees you have.
I thank Warners’ Stellian for years of good service and especially Tony F. and Tim B.
p.s. note the small opening for his head. At one point all you could see was his feet.
Don’t know much about Warners’ Stellian Appliance? That’s OK. Read on.
In 1954, Jim Warner took a sales job at Stellian’s appliance store on Snelling Avenue in St. Paul, Minnesota, owned by Steve and Lillian Farkas (Stellian is the combination of their first names).
After many years as a valued employee, Jim bought the business and added his name to theirs, also making it plural to include his wife and children. He established a solid foundation for success by offering the best products available and making sure every customer received exceptional service from sale to delivery.
Those values were passed on to his nine children who now own the company. Four members of the Warner family actively operate the company. Ten third-generation Warner family members also work full-time for the company in sales, operations and marketing.
Official Contest Rules “Frozen In Time” Customer Stories Contest
1. To participate, send an original story or photo or a receipt, promotional item, etc. branded Stellian or Warners’ Stellian along with your name, address and phone number or email address to firstname.lastname@example.org or “Frozen In Time” Customer Stories Contest, Warners’ Stellian, 550 Atwater Circle, St. Paul, MN 55103. Entries will not be returned and will become property of Warners’ Stellian.
2. Deadline for entries is October 26, 2012. Entries will be judged by a panel of Warners’ Stellian employees and contractors and the favorite will be chosen and awarded grand prize by November 2, 2012; it will be announced on our website and blog.
3. The grand prize is a “Romantic Winter Weekend Getaway” at Grand View Lodge in Brainerd, which includes two nights lodging, breakfast, a $100 Dining Card and a Couples Massage at our Glacial Waters Spa (good on Friday evening or Sunday morning of the stay) from Nov. 15, 2012 through March 3, 2013; blackout dates may apply and reservations are subject to availability. Package does not include additional nights, additional meals, wine, bar, or incidental expenses. Reservations must be made in cooperation with Grand View Lodge.
4. The failure to respond timely to the notification may result in forfeiture of the prize and, in such case; sponsors may randomly select an alternate chosen entrant from among the remaining eligible Entries. Each selected entrant may also be sent an affidavit of eligibility /liability/publicity release (“Release”). Unless restricted by law, each selected entrant will be required to complete and return the Release within the time period specified therein. The prize may be forfeited and, in such cases, an alternate selected entrant may be randomly selected from among the remaining eligible Entries if a selected entrant: (i) cannot be reached; (ii) fails to provide all necessary signatures on the Release and to return the documents in a timely manner as required pursuant to these Official Rules; or (iii) cannot accept or receive the prize for any reason. Entrants also agree to, and the sponsor reserves the right to use the Sweepstakes for publicity purposes in any media, and to the use of the name, likeness, and hometown name and or prize information of selected entrants as part of the publicity, without any compensation or prior review unless prohibited by law.
5. You must be 18 years of age or older to win. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited.
6. The contest is open to everyone with the exception of employees of the Warners’ Stellian Appliance, Grand View Lodge, their families, agencies and representatives.
7. All taxes relative to the prize package are the sole responsibility of the winner. No prize substitutions, assignments or transfers. No cash equivalents. If trip cannot be used by date specified, then trip will be forfeited.
8. By participating, all entrants acknowledge and agree that they have entered the contest of their own free will, that the full rules and details of the contest have been made available to them in writing and they therefore understand and agree that neither Warners’ Stellian, Grand View Lodge, their agents, affiliates, sponsors, representatives or employees have any liability with respect to any damages out of acceptance and use of a prize. By entering this promotion, participants agree to be bound by these rules.
9. Approximate value of the prize is $630.
how to enter
Send your stories and/or photos to email@example.com along with your name, address, email address and phone number by Oct. 26, 2012. Or mail your stories, photos — even promotional items — to:
“Frozen in Time” Contest
550 Atwater Circle
St. Paul, MN 55103